Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm finally back at Purdue!!!!
I love it here so much.
Mostly, though, I am so glad to be around my friends again.
They're my family away from my family,
even though I miss my family and cannot wait to see my parents next month!

I'm just so ready to go after God this year.
I want more of Him. I want to learn more. Soak in His presence more.
I don't want to let common things be common.
I'm ready to be different.
I'm ready to let things change.
To truly give all areas of my life to God.
It gets really tiring trying to hold onto things I have no control over so why wouldn't I want to give those things to the Person who does?

Psalm 73: 23-26
"Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory,
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire but you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."

There's nothing I desire in this world but You.
Help that be a very real thing in my life, Lord.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It gets really tiring trying to hold onto things I have no control over so why wouldn't I want to give those things to the Person who does?"

    This sentence speaks directly into my heart. I feel like God is speaking to me using this sentence. Thanks Danielle! You are one amazing friend!!!

    Love u, Amy =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post! i'm feeling the same way, girl. excited to see what God has in store for us this year :)

    ReplyDelete