Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home in New York!

Friiiieeeends,It has been awhile since I have been on. Lately, the only thing I do is sleeeeeeeeep! Which is glorious! Haha.
So basically, God has already been sharing some pretty groovy stuff with me because He is just cool like that! I read Isaiah 14 a few days ago but I haven't been on long enough to blog about it yet, but now I am...so yay. haha =]


Isaiah 14:13-17
You said in your heart,
"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne,
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High."
But you are brought down to the grave,
to the depths of the pit.

Those who see you stare at you,
they ponder your fate:
"Is this the man who shook the earth
and made kingdoms tremble,
the man who made the world a desert,
who overthrew its cities
and would not let his captives go home?"


I just love how the devil thought he would rise above God and become the mighty one but he totally failed because no person or thing can rise above God! Ah. I love the part that says we will stare him in the face and ponder his fate. I truly believe one day we will stare at the devil and say "Really?! I was afraid of YOU?!" and then we'll just laugh because truly, he is nothing!! I just love that he is nothing and he really has NO power over us!!!

Ponder means to consider something deeply and thoroughly. We will deeply and thoroughly consider why we were ever afraid of him! Because we really shouldn't be afraid. I think even now we should ponder his fate and realize he is totally useless and dumb and idiotic and just eww. Like, seriously, we have NOTHING to be afraid of because we serve a God who offers us freedom, protection, grace, LOVE, and everything else! In Christ Jesus, we have all of those things! The same power that conquered the grave lives in all of us and Jesus totally overpowers the devil...so we overpower the devil! Especially since he is so tiny and we will laugh in his face one day (and we should be now).


So yeah, that is what God been putting on my heart lately! I encourage you all to read all of Isaiah 14 because it's amazing!! =


Miss and love you all!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!

    God has been showing me the same thing!!!!
    Really, there is nothing for us to fear about the devil because he is NOTHING. I am so filled with joy everytime thinking that one day, we will look into the devil's face and laugh at how idiotic he is that he thinks he will win over our almighty God. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that passage! God is also showing me how i have all authority over satan.. i wish i could grasp the whole concept, though! i can't imagine how powerful it would be :)

    i'm glad youre getting sleep caught up.. i miss you, girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psalm 37 says the Lord laughs at the evil ones because He knows their time is going to end soon. So it's true, we are all a laughin'. har har har, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete